B Cavello is an aspiring-polymath and activist. They work as an Engagement Lead in IBM's AI division, the Watson Group. Acting as both a technical resource and everyman's "geek translator," B leads discussions with government and business leaders about applying Artificial Intelligence in the real world. In June of 2017, B was recognized as an IBM LGBT+ 'Out Role Model' for championing diversity and inclusion in and beyond IBM.
Outside of Watson, B has been called a "crowdfunding all-star." Their previous work as Product Development and Community Director at Exploding Kittens helped catapult the card game startup to its record breaking 219,382 backer success. As the voice and primary liaison for the nearly $9 million campaign, B cultivated and empowered the huge community inspired by the game. B now consults on a variety of projects.
B's personal projects focus on social good and range from textile art to computer education and security and even a game to help NASA researchers study climate change. Read B's posts.
- Jubilite 2017, Advisor
- LELO HEX 2016, Advisor
- The Woman Card[s] 2016, Advisor
- Artiphon 2015, Advisor
- Exploding Kittens 2015, Product Development & Community Director
- Carondelet High School 2017, STEM Innovation Advisory Boardmember
- Out in Tech - "Ethically Automated" 2018
- HEC Executive MBA - "Leading Digital Transformation" 2018 closing keynote
- IBM Code San Francisco - "How Will AI Affect Us?" 2018
- Leadership California Issues & Trends Program - "Technology Changing Lives" 2017 closing keynote
- South Bay Conference on Gender & Video Games - "Designing with Empathy" 2017
- Hackaday "Build Something That Matters" Unconference - "Learning Code without Computers" 2017
- Global Crowdfunding Convention - "Fireside Chat with the Winners: Meet Crowdfunding Rockstars!" 2016
- Gen Con - "Lessons about Community & Kickstarter Learned at Gen Con" 2016
- GoodCrowd.info - "Don’t Even Think About Crowdfunding Without Doing These 3 Things First" 2017
- Kickstarter Tips - "Imaginary Explosions: How Exploding Kittens plays on their community’s laughter" 2016
- Kickstarter - "Three of a Kind: Around the Table(top) with Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, & Joking Hazard" 2016